MILMED COE welcomed UK and US delegations
Delegations from the Embassies of the United Kingdom and the United States paid an official visit to the NATO Centre of Excellence for Military Medicine (MILMED COE) on 5 September 2012. Just before the impending joining by the two nations the high-ranking representatives were familiarized with the structure and functioning of the Centre.
From the US, Mr. Timothy A. Betts, Minister Counselor and Chargé d’Affaires ad interim, Maj. Cameron B. Shirley, Assistant Air Attaché, and Ms. Judy Helmle, nurse practitioner, attended the meeting. Ms. Theresa Bubbear, Deputy Head of mission and Lt. Col. Phil Osment, Defence Attaché were members of the UK delegation. Since the United Kingdom and the United States are going to join MILMED COE soon, the delegations have gained a better insight into the activities and ongoing projects of the Centre. Furthermore, Col. (eng.) Tibor Jancsek, Head of the Force Development and Transformational Branch, Force Development Directorate, Hungarian MoD, who acts as the ministerial point of contact for the MILMED COE, participated in the briefing as well.
MILMED COE looks forward to welcoming its new members on board soon.
Ms. Theresa Bubbear, Deputy Head of mission
Embassy of the United Kingdom
Mr. Timothy A. Betts, Minister Counselor and Chargé d’Affaires ad interim
Embassy of the United States
Courses & Trainings
- Emergency Management of Battlefield Injuries (EMBI) Course (COE-MED-M4-001)
- Major Incident Medical Management and Support (MIMMS) Course (COE-MED-M4-002)
- NATO Medical Evaluation (MEDEVAL) Course (COE-MED-M4-003)
- NATO First Responder Trainer (FRT) Training (COE-MED-M4-005)
- NATO Emergency Medical Pre-Deployment Team (EMPT) Training (COE-MED-M4-006)
- NATO Patient Evacuation Coordination Cell (PECC) Course (COE-MED-M4-008)