A high-level Indian delegation at MILMED COE
Within the framework of the 5th Hungary-India Joint Defence Committee Meeting Plenary Session held in Budapest between 23 and 25 May 2012, a high-ranking delegation from India paid an official visit to the NATO Centre of Excellence for Military Medicine (MILMED COE) on 24 May 2012.
Among others Mr. Shri Shankar Aggarwal, Additional Defence Secretary of the Department of Defence of the Ministry of Defence of India; Lieutenant General Narendra Singh, Deputy Chief of Army Staff, Planning and Systems; Ms. Smt. Rashmi Verma, Joint Secretary (Land System) of the Department of Defence Production; Mr. Gauri Shankar Gupta, Ambassador of India to Hungary and Colonel Gurpreet Singh, Defence Attaché of India to the Czech Republic, attended the meeting.
A short overview of the structure and activities of MILMED COE was presented by Col. Dr. Radek Hubac, Interoperability Branch Chief, Col. Dr. Robert Balazs, Lessons Learned Branch Chief and by Cpt. Peter Jagadics, Training Branch Course Officer. Potential future points of cooperation between India and MILMED COE will be analyzed and evaluated.
Courses & Trainings
- Emergency Management of Battlefield Injuries (EMBI) Course (COE-MED-M4-001)
- Major Incident Medical Management and Support (MIMMS) Course (COE-MED-M4-002)
- NATO Medical Evaluation (MEDEVAL) Course (COE-MED-M4-003)
- NATO First Responder Trainer (FRT) Training (COE-MED-M4-005)
- NATO Emergency Medical Pre-Deployment Team (EMPT) Training (COE-MED-M4-006)
- NATO Patient Evacuation Coordination Cell (PECC) Course (COE-MED-M4-008)