The Major Incident Medical Management and Support (MIMMS) Course was organized for the 4th time by the NATO Centre of Excellence for Military Medicine (MILMED COE) in Budapest on 15-17 May 2012.
22 students coming from 9 different nations (BEL, CAN, CZE, DEU, GRC, HUN, LUX, NLD, USA) attended the Course. Presentations were provided by a multinational team of lecturers (BEL, DEN, DEU, GBR, ITA, NLD). Students were familiarized with the MIMMS principles providing the knowledge and skills required to effectively manage the scene of a major casualty incident in military environment.
The 3-day-long course consists of lectures, table top and practical exercises familiarizing the students with the CSCATTT (Command; Safety; Communication; Assessment; Triage; Treatment; Transport) procedure. The MIMMS Course is conducted twice a year (spring and autumn).
The next MIMMS Course will be held on 16-18 October 2012. For registration and more information please visit the course webpage.
Courses & Trainings
- Emergency Management of Battlefield Injuries (EMBI) Course (COE-MED-M4-001)
- Major Incident Medical Management and Support (MIMMS) Course (COE-MED-M4-002)
- NATO Medical Evaluation (MEDEVAL) Course (COE-MED-M4-003)
- NATO First Responder Trainer (FRT) Training (COE-MED-M4-005)
- NATO Emergency Medical Pre-Deployment Team (EMPT) Training (COE-MED-M4-006)
- NATO Patient Evacuation Coordination Cell (PECC) Course (COE-MED-M4-008)