Visit of a German group of psychiatrists
A German board of consultants composed of psychiatrists of the Bundeswehr received a briefing on the NATO Centre of Excellence for Military Medicine (MILMED COE) on 8 May 2012. The meeting was exceptionally held outside the premises of the Centre, at the Art’Otel Budapest.
The members of the group were familiarized with the principles and challenges of military medicine, furthermore with the structure, functioning and activities of MILMED COE. During the highly interactive meeting questions of our visitors were answered by the Branch Chiefs of MILMED COE.
Within the framework of a German-Hungarian bilateral cooperation, this group of psychiatrists is holding its meeting in Budapest this week. Their programme includes among others a visit to the Hungarian Military Hospital where they can discuss current issues in the field of psychiatry and psychotherapy with their Hungarian peers.
In the spirit of its “open door” policy MILMED COE has welcomed hundreds of visitors – be it from military or civilian circles – from all around the world since its founding.
Courses & Trainings
- Emergency Management of Battlefield Injuries (EMBI) Course (COE-MED-M4-001)
- Major Incident Medical Management and Support (MIMMS) Course (COE-MED-M4-002)
- NATO Medical Evaluation (MEDEVAL) Course (COE-MED-M4-003)
- NATO First Responder Trainer (FRT) Training (COE-MED-M4-005)
- NATO Emergency Medical Pre-Deployment Team (EMPT) Training (COE-MED-M4-006)
- NATO Patient Evacuation Coordination Cell (PECC) Course (COE-MED-M4-008)