Visit of ICAF students – already a “tradition”
A group of students from the American Industrial College of the Armed Forces (ICAF) visited – already as a tradition after their trips in the last two years – the NATO Centre of Excellence for Military Medicine (MILMED COE) on 3 May 2012. The aim of the visit – organised in cooperation with the Embassy of the United States in Budapest – was to provide the students with a briefing on the basic principles and objectives of Centres of Excellence working for NATO, with particular stress on MILMED COE.
Students were familiarized with the structure, functioning and current activities and projects of MILMED COE – presented by the deputy director of the Centre, Col. Dr. Thomas Harbaum.
These visits show the US interest in MILMED COE’s activities and confirm its scientific recognition within the American military-medical community as well. In the spirit of our “open-to-public” principle, MILMED COE is happy to welcome specific groups of visitors from NATO and partner nations.
ICAF was established in 1924 and is part of the US National Defense University. It is located in Washington, DC.
Courses & Trainings
- Emergency Management of Battlefield Injuries (EMBI) Course (COE-MED-M4-001)
- Major Incident Medical Management and Support (MIMMS) Course (COE-MED-M4-002)
- NATO Medical Evaluation (MEDEVAL) Course (COE-MED-M4-003)
- NATO First Responder Trainer (FRT) Training (COE-MED-M4-005)
- NATO Emergency Medical Pre-Deployment Team (EMPT) Training (COE-MED-M4-006)
- NATO Patient Evacuation Coordination Cell (PECC) Course (COE-MED-M4-008)