Valuable donations by Siemens and Storz
“Your donation does not only mean great support to the NATO Centre of Excellence for Military Medicine (MILMED COE), but it is a valuable contribution to military medicine as well” – highlighted Col. Dr. István Kopcsó, Director of MILMED COE, during the handover ceremony of the medical equipment donated by Siemens and Karl Storz Endoscope companies to the Centre on 28 March 2012.
Siemens donated two pocket ultrasound devices, whereas Storz offered high-value endoscopic and telemedicine equipment to MILMED COE. The donation was handed over by David Pickles from Storz, unfortunately the representative of Siemens could not attend. Col. Kopcsó and Col. Dr. László Fazekas, Training Branch Chief, took over the equipment at the ceremony organized at the occasion of the Emergency Management of Battlefield Injuries (EMBI) Course taking place this week at MILMED COE.
The equipment will be used during courses for simulation and education purposes. Thus it will facilitate a standardized and algorithm based training approach to complex injuries in accordance with the underlying clinical practical guidelines.
MILMED COE would like to extend its gratitude and thank again for these generous donations which will contribute to the high quality of our courses and foster military medicine as a whole.
Courses & Trainings
- Emergency Management of Battlefield Injuries (EMBI) Course (COE-MED-M4-001)
- Major Incident Medical Management and Support (MIMMS) Course (COE-MED-M4-002)
- NATO Medical Evaluation (MEDEVAL) Course (COE-MED-M4-003)
- NATO First Responder Trainer (FRT) Training (COE-MED-M4-005)
- NATO Emergency Medical Pre-Deployment Team (EMPT) Training (COE-MED-M4-006)
- NATO Patient Evacuation Coordination Cell (PECC) Course (COE-MED-M4-008)