The 1st FRT Training
Simulation man provided by CAE Healthcare
After a successful pilot in October 2011 the first official NATO First Responder Trainer Training (FRTT) took place in Budapest, organized by the NATO Centre of Excellence for Military Medicine (MILMED COE) on 20-22 March 2012.
Participants from HUN, LVA, NLD and POL were familiarized with the principles of NATO medical treatment and evacuation among others. The programme also included presentations about national FRT procedures, equipment and field best practices by the participating nations, as well as common FR pitfalls based on experiences from missions. The usage of emergency bandages was also demonstrated.
Emergency bandages provided by First Care Products
Moreover, the question of legal and ethical aspects of first and buddy aid was introduced by the MILMED COE legal adviser. Furthermore colleagues from the Hungarian Semmelweis University provided a briefing on training and education methodology including simulation and skill teaching. Also, psychological aspects of FR were introduced, followed by role plays with the help of actors. During a simulation workshop participants could also exercise on an interactive high-tech doll placed in different simulated scenarios provided by a healthcare simulation company.
Please note that this training is not a first aid course, it is targeted to trainers (Military Officers, Warrant Officers and Senior NCOs or civilian equivalents of any service) involved in the training of non-medical first responders.
Please visit our Gallery
Courses & Trainings
- Emergency Management of Battlefield Injuries (EMBI) Course (COE-MED-M4-001)
- Major Incident Medical Management and Support (MIMMS) Course (COE-MED-M4-002)
- NATO Medical Evaluation (MEDEVAL) Course (COE-MED-M4-003)
- NATO First Responder Trainer (FRT) Training (COE-MED-M4-005)
- NATO Emergency Medical Pre-Deployment Team (EMPT) Training (COE-MED-M4-006)
- NATO Patient Evacuation Coordination Cell (PECC) Course (COE-MED-M4-008)