PECC Course development has started
In accordance with the approved MILMED COE Program of Work 2012 and in line with the request of NATO Allied Command Operations the NATO MILMED COE Training Branch started the development of the Patient Evacuation Coordination Cell (PECC) Course with a Course Design Meeting on 30 January – 03 February 2012.
The design meeting was based on a previous discussion with the German Armed Forces Medical Academy Training Centre (Feldkirchen, DEU) personnel, where the counterparts agreed on the frame of the cooperation. This new course will be the 8th official NATON MILMED COE course with the dedicated course number COE-MED-M4-008.
The aim of the course is to provide knowledge and to exercise skills required to effectively work in a Patient Evacuation Coordination Cell (PECC) and to enable participants to achieve and sustain situational awareness in a multinational operational environment at all times. The main Learning Objectives for the course are: “understand the NATO medical support system in multinational operations”; “understand functions, responsibilities and tasks of the PECC in a NATO multinational operational environment” and “how, where and when to collect and manage required information to achieve situational awareness to support the PECC capability (might be better) functionality “.
With the support of CZE, DEU, GBR, HUN, ITA and NLD subject matter experts, the design team created the course curriculum and agreed on the number of students and iterations. The venue is offered by the German Armed Forces Medical Service. The Bundeswehr Medical Academy runs a PECC Simulation Capability in Feldkirchen which will host this training. The curriculum includes theoretical lessons, table top exercises and practical training in the PECC simulator. The course concept will be tested in accordance with respective NATO regulations in a PILOT course between 14-18 May 2012 in Feldkirchen, Germany. For the most updated information regarding this course please visit our webpage or contact the MILMED COE Training Branch.
Courses & Trainings
- Military Psychosocial Incident Management Course (MILMED COE M4-015)
- Medical Management of Infectious Diseases during Missions (Tropical Medicine) Course
- Deployment Health Surveillance Course – Level 1
- Military Medical Support in Humanitarian Arena (MMSHA) Course
- Emergency Management of Battlefield Injuries (EMBI) Course (COE-MED-M4-001)
- Major Incident Medical Management and Support (MIMMS) Course (COE-MED-M4-002)
- NATO Medical Evaluation (MEDEVAL) Course (COE-MED-M4-003)
- First Responder Trainers Symposium
- NATO Emergency Medical Multinational Team (EMMT) Training (COE-MED-M4-006)
- NATO Patient Evacuation Coordination Cell (PECC) Course (COE-MED-M4-008)