Major Incident Medical Management and Support (MIMMS) Course (COE-MED-M4-002)
To provide the knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage the scene of a major casualty incident in a military environment.
Military officers, Warrant Officers and Senior NCOs or civilian equivalents of an arm likely to be involved in the management of major incidents. Officers from NATO, PfP or MD Nations assigned or likely to be selected for assignment to a NATO operational deployment.
• Language proficiency: English according to STANAG 6001 184.108.40.206 (listening/speaking/reading/writing)
• Computer skills: Students should be familiar with MS Office
• Other pre-requisites: Medical background
• Table Top Exercises
• Practical Exercise without Casualties
• LO 1 Understand the principles of Major Incident Management.
• LO 2 Be able to participate in the planning and conduct of support for a major casualty producing incident on a deployed operation.
Standards and Doctrines:
• Timothy J Hodgets, Crispin Porter: Major Incident Management System; BMJ Books
• Advance Life Support Group: Major Incident Medical Management and Support: The Practical Approach; BMJ Books
Date: please check the course calendar
MILMED COE courses are also available via the NATO ePRIME system; students from NATO partner nations can get reimbursed up to 100%.
Download MIMMS Course schedule
Courses & Trainings
- Deployment Health Surveillance Course – Level 1
- Military Medical Support in Humanitarian Arena (MMSHA) Course
- Emergency Management of Battlefield Injuries (EMBI) Course (COE-MED-M4-001)
- Major Incident Medical Management and Support (MIMMS) Course (COE-MED-M4-002)
- NATO Medical Evaluation (MEDEVAL) Course (COE-MED-M4-003)
- NATO First Responder Trainer (FRT) Training (COE-MED-M4-005)
- NATO Emergency Medical Pre-Deployment Team (EMPT) Training (COE-MED-M4-006)
- NATO Patient Evacuation Coordination Cell (PECC) Course (COE-MED-M4-008)