NATO Medical Evaluation (MEDEVAL) Course (COE-MED-M4-003)
To ensure validity, credibility and consistency in application of the NATO MEM tool during the evaluation process.
Appropriately qualified staff from NATO Command/Force Structure, Lead Nation (LN) and Troop Contributing Nations (TCNs) primarily involved in evaluation and certification of MMU assigned to a NATO Command. In addition anyone involved in military medical education, training and evaluation.
• Language proficiency: English according to STANAG 6001 126.96.36.199 (listening/speaking/reading/writing)
• Computer skills: Students should be familiar with MS Office.
• Other pre-requisites: Medical background
• Pre-reading material: AMedP-27
• Day 1: NATO command and force structure; Medical support to current/future NATO operations; Medical related doctrine hierarchy and development process; NATO evaluation policy; Capability based modular approach of multinational medical support; Introduction to Medical Evaluation Manual; Definitions; Evaluation levels, Evaluation Outcome; Application of the Tool, Evaluation process; Evaluation Team and Reporting; Skill set an Capability Matrix; Syndicate Task Introduction, Syndicate Task I
• Day 2: Syndicate Task I: Focus FIR, FER, presentations and discussion; Syndicate Task II: Focus FIR, FER, presentations and discussion;
• Day 3: Syndicate Task III: Focus FIR, FER, presentations and discussion; Syndicate Task IV: LIVEX briefing
• Day 4: LIVEX, MMU Evaluation; Syndicate Task IV a: FIR preparation, briefing, discussion
• Day5: Syndicate Task IV b: FER preparation, FER presentations and discussion; Test
• LO 1 be familiar with capability based modular approach of multinational medical support to NATO operations
• LO 2 have knowledge of medical evaluation process within the framework of validation and certification
• LO 3 be able to evaluate medical modules as an evaluation team leader/member
NATO Standards and Doctrines:
MC 326/2 NATO Principles and Policies of Operational Medical Support AAP-6 NATO Glossary of Terms and Definitions AJP 4.10(A) Allied Joint Medical Support Doctrine AMedP-13 NATO Glossary of Medical Terms and Definitions AMedP-27 Medical Evaluation Manual MC-551 Medical Support Concept for NATO Response Force Operations MC-0458/2 (mentioned in POI III EO 1.4) AFS volumes I-XI (mentioned in POI III EO 1.4)
Date: please check the course calendar
MILMED COE courses are also available via the NATO ePRIME system; students from NATO partner nations can get reimbursed up to 100%.
Download MEDEVAL Course schedule
Download the NATO Medical Evaluation Manual (MEM):
Courses & Trainings
- Deployment Health Surveillance Course – Level 1
- Military Medical Support in Humanitarian Arena (MMSHA) Course
- Emergency Management of Battlefield Injuries (EMBI) Course (COE-MED-M4-001)
- Major Incident Medical Management and Support (MIMMS) Course (COE-MED-M4-002)
- NATO Medical Evaluation (MEDEVAL) Course (COE-MED-M4-003)
- NATO First Responder Trainer (FRT) Training (COE-MED-M4-005)
- NATO Emergency Medical Pre-Deployment Team (EMPT) Training (COE-MED-M4-006)
- NATO Patient Evacuation Coordination Cell (PECC) Course (COE-MED-M4-008)