The Deployment Health Surveillance Capability (DHSC) Branch of the NATO Centre of Excellence for Military Medicine (MILMED COE) has written - in cooperation with the German Medical Intelligence - a document named “2014 Ebola Outbreak West Africa Risk Assessment”. Please find the pdf below.
Please note that this is not an official NATO document; it has to be read as food for thought.
The Chairman of the Committee of the Chiefs of Military Medical Services in NATO (COMEDS), LTG Gérard Nédellec, MD, PhD, has released a statement on communicable disease outbreaks. Please find the pdf below.
ISAF Medical Lessons Identified/Lessons Learned (LI/LL) Conference and Workshop
The NATO Centre of Excellence for Military Medicine (MILMED COE) has the honour to invite you to attend the ISAF Medical Lessons Identified/Lessons Learned (LI/LL) Conference and Workshop on 20-22 October 2014 in Budapest, Hungary
MILMED COE impressions
NATO Centre of Excellence for Military Medicine (MILMED COE)
The NATO Centre of Excellence for Military Medicine (MILMED COE) is an international military organisation with the core task to facilitate interoperability between the military medical services in NATO. It was accredited by NATO on 12 October 2009 and is located in Budapest, Hungary.
MILMED COE currently has 8 member nations. Besides Hungary as the founding Framework Nation, 7 countries have joined the Centre so far as Sponsoring Nations: Czech Republic, France, Germany, Italy, The Netherlands, Romania and the United Kingdom of Great Britain. The Centre is composed of 4 medical branches: Deployment Health Surveillance Capability (DHSC) – a satellite branch located in Munich, Germany; Interoperability, Lessons Learned and Training.
ePRIME funds available!
Students from NATO partner nations and partners across the globe can henceforth apply for MILMED COE courses and get reimbursed up to 100% of their costs via the NATO ePRIME system.
Courses & Trainings
- Deployment Health Surveillance Course – Level 1
- Military Medical Support in Humanitarian Arena (MMSHA) Course
- Emergency Management of Battlefield Injuries (EMBI) Course (COE-MED-M4-001)
- Major Incident Medical Management and Support (MIMMS) Course (COE-MED-M4-002)
- NATO Medical Evaluation (MEDEVAL) Course (COE-MED-M4-003)
- First Responder Trainers Symposium
- NATO Emergency Medical Pre-Deployment Team (EMPT) Training (COE-MED-M4-006)
- NATO Patient Evacuation Coordination Cell (PECC) Course (COE-MED-M4-008)